Travel with The Shepherd’s Center! Just click on the links below to see the flyer for the trip that you’re interested in. Please call or email the office (804-355-7282 -or- pgrimes@TSCOR.org) to confirm that there is still space available. Then you can print the flyer, fill out the registration slip, and mail with payment to 3111 Northside Avenue, Suite 400, Richmond, VA 23228. Make your check payable to The Shepherd’s Center.
Note: Each traveler must submit their own reservation slip when they sign up for a trip
Culinary Tour of Annapolis
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Annapolis is one of America’s most historic cities. Many of its houses and public buildings are more than two hundred years old. In fact, Annapolis has more surviving Colonial buildings than anywhere in the country. This tour to Annapolis is not only going to highlight the history – but we’ve added a special “culinary twist” where you’ll be sampling food at each stop. Don’t miss out on this exciting and unique tour! Click here for detailed trip flyer.
Jack Welsh Broadway Celebration Tour
Tuesday-Friday, May 1 – 4, 2018
We are celebrating the memory of our dear friend, Jack Welsh, by returning to NYC and Broadway in 2018. The trip includes round trip motor coach transport, accommodations at NOVOTEL on West 52nd Street in the heart of the theatre district, and four shows: “My Fair Lady”, “Come From Away”, “The Band’s Visit” and “Three Tall Women”. Click here for a detailed flyer.
~ ~ ~
THE SHEPHERD’S CENTER TRAVEL POLICY
1. If you have interest in going on a Shepherd’s Center trip, please send your payment with the slip from the flyer as soon as you are sure that you would like to go. This will ensure your reservation, assuming that the trip is not already filled. If you have waited until close to the time for the trip, please call the office to find out whether the trip is full. The sooner you get your check to us, the greater the chance that you will be able to go. **Note** The “deadline” on the travel flyer indicates the last day that the tour company accepts reservations. The trip may be full by that date. Please register early!
2. We are not able to put your name on the trip roster until we have received a payment from you. Calling the office to ask to be put on the roster is no longer an option. It has caused a great deal of confusion in the past and we can no longer do it.
3. If you send us a check and the trip is already full, we will call you to ask whether you would like to be put on the waiting list for that trip. If you decline, we will immediately return your check. If you accept and are not able to go because no spot becomes available, we will refund the amount of your check.
4. If you would like to travel with a friend, we must have complete information for that person in order to put them on the roster. Please do continue to let us know that this person is your traveling companion or roommate, but we cannot put someone on the roster simply as “Mary’s friend Jean”. When we receive a check and complete information for your friend, we will add him or her to the roster.
5. Health Forms: For long trips, it is often a requirement for every traveler to submit a health form. The forms remain in the sealed envelope in which you sent it to us. They are all put into a large sealed envelope and carried by the trip leader(s). In the event of an emergency, your health form will be invaluable to the doctor or hospital where you are treated. All sealed forms are shredded at the end of a trip. We do not keep them for any reason.
6. Refunds: For short trips of one day, your payment is not refundable under any circumstances unless either you or we can find someone to go in your place. The Shepherd’s Center and the tour company have already made payments for your meals, theater tickets, and so forth. If there is a waiting list for the trip, then there is no problem.
7. For any trip that lasts 2 days or more, the first $100 of your deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. A portion of the balance of your deposit, or any additional payments that you have made may be refundable if either you or we can find someone to go in your place. Since refund is not guaranteed, we strongly recommend that you consider travel insurance.
8. A brochure for travel insurance is sent to you with the receipt for your deposit.
9. Meal preferences are taken into consideration to the extent that the providers (restaurants, hotels) make options available. Vegetarian meals, when available, will be listed as such on the travel flyer.
10. Please make The Shepherd’s Center aware of any life-threatening allergies that you may have, such as seafood or peanuts. We will do our best to take these concerns into consideration, but we cannot guarantee a risk-free trip for you.
11. If you use a walker, cannot climb stairs, or walk distances with ease, please contact the trip leader (listed on the flyer) prior to making your reservation. Please discuss the demands of the trip with the trip leader. Together, you can determine whether the trip will be suitable for you.
12. As with any tour sponsor or company, The Shepherd’s Center reserves the right to determine that a traveler is not able to participate in our tour(s).
Thank you! – The Shepherd’s Center Travel Committee