Travel with The Shepherd’s Center! Just click on the links below to see the flyer for the trip that you’re interested in. Please call or email the office (804-355-7282 -or- pgrimes@TSCOR.org) to confirm that there is still space available. Then you can print the flyer, fill out the registration slip, and mail with payment to 3111 Northside Avenue, Suite 400, Richmond, VA 23228. Make your check payable to The Shepherd’s Center.
Note: Each traveler must submit their own reservation slip when they sign up for a trip
Re-Discover Richmond Tour – Sold Out!!!
April 16, 2019
This tour is already sold out and we are unable to accept more registrations. Please check back with us in the near future to see what new trips will be offered!
Think you know all there is to know about Richmond? Maybe not. Come take the “Re-Discover Richmond” tour. From Monument Avenue through the museum district; Franklin street past the Lee House and the Capitol building; Church Hill, Shockoe Bottom and a guided tour of the Virginia War Memorial, you’ll see old familiar places and learn new things about them. The tour concludes with lunch on your own in Shockoe Slip. Our tour guide, Ken Chandler, has 30 years experience with Richmond Discoveries, Inc., the oldest tour and educational company in Richmond. Y’all come now, ya hear?
Pamplin Historical Park
May 14, 2019
Join us May 14 and travel to Petersburg, VA, to see Pamplin Historical Park and The National Museum of the Civil War Soldier. This 424-acre historical campus has been called “the new crown jewel of Civil War sites in America” by Pulitzer Prize-winning historian James McPherson. There will be guided tours and a southern style barbecue buffet lunch. This trip also includes a visit to nearby Blandford Church which features 15 stained-glass windows designed by Louis Tiffany. Click here for a detailed flyer.
~ ~ ~
THE SHEPHERD’S CENTER TRAVEL POLICY
1. If you have interest in going on a Shepherd’s Center trip, please send your payment with the slip from the flyer as soon as you are sure that you would like to go. This will ensure your reservation, assuming that the trip is not already filled. If you have waited until close to the time for the trip, please call the office to find out whether the trip is full. The sooner you get your check to us, the greater the chance that you will be able to go. **Note** The “deadline” on the travel flyer indicates the last day that the tour company accepts reservations. The trip may be full by that date. Please register early!
2. We are not able to put your name on the trip roster until we have received a payment and a registration slip from you. Calling the office to ask to be put on the roster is no longer an option. It has caused a great deal of confusion in the past and we can no longer do it.
3. If you send us a check and the trip is already full, we will call you to ask whether you would like to be put on the waiting list for that trip. If you decline, we will immediately return your check. If you accept and are not able to go because no spot becomes available, we will refund the amount of your check.
4. If you would like to travel with a friend, we must have complete information for that person in order to put them on the roster. Please do continue to let us know that this person is your traveling companion or roommate, but we cannot put someone on the roster simply as “Mary’s friend Jean”. When we receive a check and complete information for your friend, we will add him or her to the roster.
5. Health Forms: For long trips, it is often a requirement for every traveler to submit a health form. The forms remain in the sealed envelope in which you sent it to us. They are all put into a large sealed envelope and carried by the trip leader(s). In the event of an emergency, your health form will be invaluable to the doctor or hospital where you are treated. All sealed forms are shredded at the end of a trip. We do not keep them for any reason.
6. Refunds: For short trips of one day, cancellations made within thirty (30) business days of departure are “Non-Refundable,” unless either you or we can find someone to go in your place. The Shepherd’s Center and the tour company have already made payments for your meals, theater tickets, and so forth. If there is a waiting list for the trip, then there is no problem.
7. For any trip that lasts 2 days or more, the first $100 of your deposit is non-refundable under any circumstances. A portion of the balance of your deposit, or any additional payments that you have made may be refundable if either you or we can find someone to go in your place. Since refund is not guaranteed, we strongly recommend that you consider travel insurance.
8. A brochure for travel insurance is sent to you with the receipt for your deposit.
9. Meal preferences are taken into consideration to the extent that the providers (restaurants, hotels) make options available. Vegetarian meals, when available, will be listed as such on the travel flyer.
10. Please make The Shepherd’s Center aware of any life-threatening allergies that you may have, such as seafood or peanuts. We will do our best to take these concerns into consideration, but we cannot guarantee a risk-free trip for you.
11. If you use a walker, cannot climb stairs, or walk distances with ease, please contact the trip leader (listed on the flyer) prior to making your reservation. Please discuss the demands of the trip with the trip leader. Together, you can determine whether the trip will be suitable for you.
12. As with any tour sponsor or company, The Shepherd’s Center reserves the right to determine that a traveler is not able to participate in our tour(s).
Thank you! – The Shepherd’s Center Travel Committee