Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accept new clients at this time. Rides to medical appointments and no-contact grocery delivery service are available on a limited basis for current clients only.
The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond provides clients with free, round-trip transportation to medical appointments and grocery stores. Unlike a bus or taxi, TSCOR’s transportation is provided by volunteers who give clients personalized attention and door-to-door assistance. Volunteers drive their own cars, pick up a client from their home, drive them to their destination, wait for them, and return them home again. If you or someone you know is in need of transportation and would like to become a client, please review the guidelines below. To request an application, please call (804) 355-7282. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 – 4:30.
- seniors 60 and older
- residents in our service area: volunteers currently serve zip codes 23059, 23060, 23219, 23220, 23221, 23225, 23226, 23227, 23228, 23229, 23230, 23233, 23235, 23236, 23238 or 23294
- able to walk independently: volunteers are able to accommodate canes or walkers, but not wheelchairs or transport chairs
- residents in their own homes or apartments: residents of senior living communities may be accepted if that facility does not provide transportation
- you must have a completed client application on file to request services
- rides are scheduled one week (7 calendar days) in advance
- rides are available from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- rides are available to medical appointments and grocery stores only
- rides depend upon finding an available volunteer driver: ample notice is given to the client if a driver is not found for a ride
- rides are free: no Medicare or Medicaid required; donations to TSCOR of any amount are welcomed, but are not required
- no rides are given to appointments where clients will undergo general anesthesia
- we regret we are unable to transport persons in wheelchairs, transport chairs, or individuals with serious cognitive impairment