The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond
TSCOR tee • skôr
We are a nonprofit, nondenominational organization for service and education. Our mission is to encourage older adults to remain active and independent through enrichment programs and volunteer service to their peers.
TSCOR is the local affiliate of The Shepherd’s Center of America, a national network whose mission empowers older adults to use their wisdom and skills for the good of their communities.
During the pandemic, The Shepherd’s Center of Richmond has temporarily modified its programs, services and volunteer activities so that we may observe the recommended safety guidelines:
- A Covid-19 Task Force is monitoring all factors associated with providing programs and services to members and clients in a safe and effective manner. Updates will be announced as plans develop.
- Subscribe to our website to receive Covid-19 updates as well as current news about the Shepherd’s Center’s activities. If you have not already done so, enter your email beneath our logo on the right side of this web page and you will receive the latest updates and news via email.
- Administrative staff continues to work remotely. To contact a member of the staff, please call the office at 804-355-7282 and leave a message as our voicemail is routinely monitored. Please refrain from visiting the administrative office.
- We regret we are unable to accept new clients at this time.
- Transportation service is suspended until further notice. No-contact, grocery delivery service is available for existing clients only.
- To become a volunteer driver: We encourage you to begin the application process now. Transportation service for clients will resume as soon as it is safe to do so and the gracious gifts of your time and care are needed! Call 804-355-7282 and leave a voicemail message. A member of the staff will contact you as soon as possible. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our volunteer page for more information.
- Open University Fall Session: there are many factors to be determined when it comes to the Open University. We are in contact with our host churches and await decisions from them and we are in the process of connecting with instructors to see how they are feeling. Whatever is decided, we plan to have some type of programming in the fall.
The safety of our community is the first priority in all of our planning. We continue to monitor the status of the pandemic regularly and will communicate additional changes as they arise.
Take good care, Julie Adams-Buchanan, executive director